Skip to content

How do I obtain Section 1 Termite Clearance when selling a house?

Discover the Surprising Secret to Obtaining Section 1 Termite Clearance When Selling Your House in Just a Few Simple Steps!

When selling a house, obtaining Section One Termite Clearance requires a professional pest control service to conduct a termites inspection report. This report should assess any potential structural damage caused by wood destroying organisms. The home seller is responsible for arranging a licensed exterminator service to complete the inspection and provide a property condition disclosure as part of the real estate transaction.


  1. What is Section One Clearance?
  2. Who is Responsible for Home Seller Responsibility?
  3. How to Perform Structural Damage Assessment?
  4. What is Property Condition Disclosure in Real Estate Transaction?
  5. Common Mistakes And Misconceptions

What is Section One Clearance?

Section One Clearance is a Wood Destroying Organism Report (WDOR) that is required for a Real Estate Transaction. It is typically conducted by a Pest Control Company and involves a Certified Inspector performing a Visual Inspection of the Structure to look for Infestation Evidence and Treatment Recommendations. The inspection covers all Wooden Components of the Building, including Subterranean and Drywood Termites, to ensure that there is no Structural Damage present. This report is often required by the Home Seller and Property Buyer, as well as FHA/VA Loan Requirements.

Who is Responsible for Home Seller Responsibility?

The home seller is responsible for fulfilling their contractual obligations when selling a house, including transferring title and deed, paying off liens and mortgages, complying with local laws and regulations, meeting inspection standards, providing warranties or guarantees, handling repairs or renovations prior to sale, addressing environmental hazards on the property, resolving boundary disputes with neighbors, paying closing costs, taxes, fees, etc., completing paperwork for transfer of ownership, ensuring buyer financing is in place, and meeting home sale disclosure requirements.

How to Perform Structural Damage Assessment?

To perform a structural damage assessment, one must evaluate building components, assess foundation stability, inspect roof structure, examine walls and floors, check for signs of water damage, investigate plumbing systems, analyze electrical wiring, determine the cause of any damages, document findings in a report, consult with an engineer or architect, use specialized tools and equipment, identify safety hazards, make necessary repairs, and ensure compliance with local codes.

What is Property Condition Disclosure in Real Estate Transaction?

Property Condition Disclosure in Real Estate Transaction is the process of disclosing material facts about a property to the buyer. This includes the seller‘s responsibility to disclose any defects in the property, any repairs or renovations made by the seller, any known environmental hazards on the property, any zoning violations or restrictions on the property, and any financial disclosures related to mortgage payments, taxes, etc. The buyer also has the right to know about the warranty deed or title insurance policy associated with the property. The disclosure statement must be signed by both parties and any non-disclosure can result in legal remedies. It is recommended to seek advice from a real estate attorney before engaging in a real estate transaction.

Common Mistakes And Misconceptions

  1. Misconception: A termite inspection is not necessary when selling a house.

    Correct Viewpoint: A termite inspection, also known as a Section 1 Termite Clearance, is required by most lenders and real estate agents in order to complete the sale of a home. It is important to have this inspection done prior to listing the property for sale in order to avoid any delays or complications during the closing process.

  2. Misconception: The seller can do their own termite inspection and provide clearance themselves.

    Correct Viewpoint: In most cases, it is best to hire an experienced pest control professional who specializes in termites and wood-destroying organisms (WDO) inspections for residential properties. This will ensure that all areas of concern are properly inspected and documented according to industry standards so that buyers can be confident they are purchasing a safe home free from WDO infestations or damage caused by them.